Steve Jobs might have ended his tenure as CEO of Apple, but he’s left behind an impressive body of work in products like the iPod, iPad, iPhone, and Macintosh computers. He’s also said some pretty amazing things in public forums, whether it’s during an interview or during a speech. Here is a selection of his best!
- “I’m the only person I know that’s lost a quarter of a billion dollars in one year…. It’s very character-building.”
- “Do you want to spend the rest of your life selling sugared water or do you want a chance to change the world?”
- “Quality is more important than quantity. One home run is much better than two doubles.”
- “It’s really hard to design products by focus groups. A lot of times, people don’t know what they want until you show it to them.”
- “Innovation has nothing to do with how many R&D dollars you have. When Apple came up with the Mac, IBM was spending at least 100 times more on R&D. It’s not about money. It’s about the people you have, how you’re led, and how much you get it.”
- “I’m convinced that about half of what separates the successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure perseverance.”
- “I didn’t see it then, but it turned out that getting fired from Apple was the best thing that could have ever happened to me. The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again, less sure about everything. It freed me to enter one of the most creative periods of my life.”
- “The cure for Apple is not cost-cutting. The cure for Apple is to innovate its way out of its current predicament.”
- “You know, I’ve got a plan that could rescue Apple. I can’t say any more than that it’s the perfect product and the perfect strategy for Apple. But nobody there will listen to me.”
- “We don’t get a chance to do that many things, and every one should be really excellent. Because this is our life.Life is brief, and then you die, you know? And we’ve all chosen to do this with our lives. So it better be damn good. It better be worth it.”
- “Here’s to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes… the ones who see things differently — they’re not fond of rules… You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can’t do is ignore them because they change things… they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.”
- “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”
- “Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn’t matter to me … Going to bed at night saying we’ve done something wonderful… that’s what matters to me.”
- “Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.”
- “It took us three years to build the NeXT computer. If we’d given customers what they said they wanted, we’d have built a computer they’d have been happy with a year after we spoke to them – not something they’d want now.”
- “Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations.”
Which one is your favorite Steve Jobs quote?
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.